Science Project challenge for students of 7th, 8th and 9th Class.
Project Based Learning (PBL) is not just about building models. "Building" is only a small part of the overall learning experience. The real learning value of PBL comes from following a well established process where the students:
1) Start by defining problem
2) Carry out guided research
3) Design the solution/model
4) Plan and execute the build
5) Showcases their work and finally
6) Reflects on the experience.
Each of these steps is critical and key to the overall learning experience. If executed correctly, students will not only enjoy learning about science, they will retain the concepts longer and be able to apply their knowledge a lot better than they would if they just read and memorize.
Projects were evaluated on the following four dimensions.
1. Design Process - what design process did the student follow?
2. Quality of the physical model - How acurate is the model and are all parts built to scale?
3. What and how is information communicated through the model?
4. How well organized is the writeup and/or video presentation submitted with the model?